About Me

Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Monday, July 23, 2007

Is Anybody Listening?

Today is one of those days when I am tempted to write something outrageous, just to see if anyone responds.
I really do not know what it is I want to say. I am a person who gives his life away to lead and teach others. Not for my own beneift, but to help people move form where they are to where God wants them to be. I am comitted to helping other people fulfill their purpose and become what God has created and called them to be. Most of what I have found is that nobody cares.
It is sad, but I think that is the general attitude among most people. You offer to give yourself away to help others and they say, "don't bother." You try to help people change and become something great and they respond, "I do not want to change." Being special or extraordinary is out of style. People seem to desire the least common denominator.
I have beleived in a single principle all of my life: Life is not about how little you can get away with, but about how much you can do. It is not about how much you can get away with, but about what is the best that you can do.
In a world that says, "I want to live as close to the bottom as I can without feeling like a looser," I want to scream, "take hold of that for which you were created!" We really must stop settling for less than the best. We must stop accepting cheap imitations of purpose and delight and desire the greater things.
What is a little power but no control? What is pride that is shamefully gained? What is fame on the backs of others? What is fortune that is passing away? What are we doing? What difference are we making?
Though it is my greatest desire to make a difference, my pain is that I am making none.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am, and always am, listening. I don't know how much I matter to you but i listen.. always. And you do make a difference. You and Rayanne have been a great influence on my life. You may not know it but it is true. I just wanted to tell you that. You may not call me, "one of yours" but you and Rayanne are "one of mine". :-D

Anonymous said...

You know better. Your entire heart and your entire ministry is given over to God. You have made so many sacrifices to follow the call that has burned in your bones as long as I've known you and even longer than that. You are a gift. Your work is a gift. All because you chose to give yourself away first to God then to others. But I deeply appreciate your honesty. That honesty about your frustrations and uncertainties is an example in and of itself. You've always reminded me of Jeremiah. Glad that nothing's changed!! Christi Sanders-Huskison