About Me

Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Praying for a President

Well, it took me all morning to work up to posting about yesterday's election. I must say that I had a peace about it most fo the day yesterday. I got up and met with one of the young men I mentor and then went to do my civic duty. After I voted, I resolved not to listen to all of the pundits all day and to not even check the news on line.
I was encouraged by the status of a friend on facebook who simply said "It is such a priviledge to vote on principle." That assured me that I had done the right thing and the only thing I could do. I had prayed for 40 days for reveival and renewal in this country and I had presented truth to all with whom I had interacted with on the subject. So, I had a peace.
By the time I went to bed last night, the outcome was clear. i admit I had a few moments of angst as I tried to get to sleep. Then a confident assurance came over me. God is in control. He raises up empires and appoints their leaders.
This morning, I felt quite meloncholoy. I wondered what the future might hold, not just for me, but for my children and grandchildren. I resolved (in the shower) to just keep doing what I have always done; love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, teach my children the truth of God's word, humbly serve the kingdom of God and give my life away for His glory, love my country, and pray for my new president.
I was strengthened in that resolve when I got to work and read Dr. Mohlers blog America Has Chosen a President. I want to share it with you as an encuragement and as a help.
May God bless you and keep you, and may God bless the United States of America.

No comments: